Photos remain an essential tool in property marketing. Despite a wealth of choice from new online agencies the basic premise has seen little change and Buyers have come to expect good photos in listings.
Why do we need photos to sell a property?
● Present the property in its full potential
● Maximise interest with great photography and marketing materials
● Increased transparency and increased qualified leads
● Ensure a consistent brand presence
Why don’t all property listings include good photography?
● Not always possible due to time constraints
● Unlikely to have the right equipment or experience
● Bad weather or light may prevent capturing good quality photos
● Poor communication may lead to poor preparation and home staging
We can see countless examples of bad estate agent photos through a quick online search, but we know these terrible photos can be avoided.
Visual content is key to elevating a property online and even though most estate agents can meet a good minimum standard, professional photography is often the best option.
But, the core principle is still preparation, preparation, preparation.
● Staging the property – ask the homeowner to tidy and de-clutter before the photographer arrives
● Site preparation – understand the layout to make the best use of your time
● Equipment – full-frame DSLR camera, ultra-wide-angle lens and tripod with spirit level
● Play with the angles for the external and internal shots
● Aim for 2-3 external and 8-10 internal shots